About Next Investors
We have been investing in the small cap market for 20+ years. We have made money, lost money, and learned many hard lessons along the way. We are still learning.
We use our experience to select and invest in small cap stocks that we believe have a high chance of success and share our views with our readers.
To build a high performing ASX micro cap investment portfolio and share our research, analysis and investment strategy with our readers.
Our Business Model
Our primary business model is to generate long term returns from our Investment Portfolio.
We share our views via our newsletter which is free to subscribe to.
In order to keep our newsletter free, we offer an exclusive service to the companies we are invested in, where we will share our research, analysis and investment journey in the company with our subscribers.
We may charge the companies a fee for this service, which is used to cover our operating costs including of our analysts and writers.
This is an exclusive service that we only offer to companies that we are invested in and have been vetted during our rigorous due diligence process.
What do I get as a subscriber?
As a subscriber you will be the FIRST to know when we announce a new investment, and you will get regular, ongoing commentary about the companies in our portfolio, how they are progressing against our Investment Memo and new learnings on the effectiveness of our general Investment strategy.
Our Investment Memos help us to track a company's progress against a “Big Bet”, which is our high-level investment thesis for the company over time.
Each week we publish around 3 to 5 articles, one weekender, and about 15 Quick Takes which are all publicly available on our website.
Our newsletter is free to subscribe.
Our Stock Portfolios:
We have four different portfolios:
- Next Investors: Special opportunities across a broad range of sectors at an early stage of growth with strong management. Seeking 1,000% gains across a medium to long term hold.
- Catalyst Hunter: Shorter term positions in early stage ASX companies with near term price catalysts. Focus on early stage resource exploration.
- Wise-Owl: Longer term positions in a variety of sectors. Seeking strong management where traction has been established and the company has entered into a growth phase.
- Finfeed: Following on from one of Australia’s most successful biotech and life sciences fund managers to select and invest in early to mid stage biotechs.
Make sure that you are subscribed to each one to get all of our commentary.
How do we choose our investments?
We review over 400 companies per year. On average we make just 10 investments per year.
We consider a range of factors in deciding which companies to invest in, including:
- Great management with integrity and a successful track record
- Top class projects vetted by our trusted industry experts
- Undervalued companies that have been unfairly priced by the market
- The right capital structure for sustainable share-price growth
- Best in class Environment, Sustainability and Governance (ESG)
A word of caution for new investors
Our investment strategy is to achieve long term returns across a diverse portfolio of high-risk, high-reward small cap investments by achieving 1,000% gains on a few companies to materially exceed losses on underperforming investments.
Investing in small cap companies is risky, and while we consider our investments are set up for success, a lot of unexpected things can go wrong.
Ultimately you are responsible for your own investment decisions, and there is no guarantee of success.
We will never issue buy, sell or hold recommendations.
We share our research and commentary on the execution of our own investment strategy and the company’s progress against our “Big Bet” and Investment Memo.
The information is prepared without taking into account any of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please consult your own professional advisers regarding the suitability of information available before making any investment decisions.
Want to know more?
Visit our Trust Centre for more information about our business.